Paramount Chooses HDDVD.

Well, it seems that the HDDVD vs. Blu-Ray war is really heating up for unknown reasons. Today (or yesterday by now, I'm behind a bit)Paramount announced that they will be solely supporting HDDVD, and that all of their future releases will be going to HDDVD (and standard DVD of course). This means that if you were one of the ones who thought that the only way you were going to see High Definition 'Transformers' battling it out this Fall was on Blu-Ray... think again.

Now, don't get me wrong, just because this is an Xbox Blog, and that Xbox has a super affordable (and very easy to use) HDDVD player, I'm not going to take the fanboy route and hoot and holler about this. Personally, I have access to Both HD Formats, one on my beloved 360 and the other on an... unnamed Black system...that resembles a Grill. I can tell you from personal experience that there is almost no difference between the two formats. I own one Film on both HDDVD and Blu-Ray and I gotta tell ya, that the quality is the same on both discs. I find this format war sillier than the Sonic Vs Mario War of the 90's (if THOSE TWO can team up for a game... anything should be possible).

What I want to know is, why movie companies just make a High Def Disc with BOTH formats on the Disc? It would be great if one side had HDDVD format and the other side had Blu-Ray. They do this now with Standard and HDDVD so why not just combine the two. That way we can put an end to this silly format war, and sit back and enjoy great Movies no matter what we have.

--Capt.Capcom

Source: Wired Blog

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .