End War

With End War coming up this year, I heard a lot about its new approach to gaming. Personally, I'm not a RTS fan and when I heard about End War, I wasn't all that impressed. However, as I listened to Julian Gerighty (producer of Splinter Cell and and developer of End War from Ubi Soft) talking about the game, he went on about its intense strategy game play and high attention to detail with physics and visuals.


Mr. Gerighty also mentions that they wanted to take a different approach with the camera instead of having an overhead view of the war zone like all other RTS games. With End War, you can not only see from an overhead view, but get an up close and personal view with the battle. The one thing that struck my attention the most though, was when Julian mentioned that you can have two ways of playing through the game: play with the controller... or use voice command. The voice command isn't just a temporary method of gaming either for this game. You can play from beginning to end via mic.


I believe that this will defiantly set the bar to a higher level for gaming. Who knows, maybe we'll start to see more RTS and/or MMOs with voice command. As for those like myself who have not gotten into the real time strategy gaming scene, I have a feeling this will be a great game to pick up for first timers. You can look for this multi-platform game on shelves on September 3, 2008.


-Sarah ll echo419 ll

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .